Wednesdays 6.00pm – 7.15pm
Boys & Girls aged 5 years 9 months – 8years old.
What’s the best thing about Beaver Scouts? Activities, trips and making friends are all part of what makes it so much fun for girls and boys.
As well as earning activity badges, many Beavers Scouts get to go on camps and sleepovers, often for the first time.
Beaver Scouts like:
- Being creative – making things and singing
- Playing games
- Going on visits and investigating nature
- Learning about themselves
- Getting to know other people
- Discovering the worlds of science, nature and technology
- Exploring the natural and manmade world
- Caring – responding to the needs of others, the local and international community
We have our own motto, Fun and Friends and we are the first and youngest Section in the Scouting family. We can join Beaver Scouts in the three months leading up to our sixth birthday and can move to the next Section, Cub Scouts, between seven years and six months and eight years six months.
We are easily recognised by our distinctive turquoise sweatshirts, Beaver Scouts enjoy making friends, playing games, going on visits and helping others. We also have sleepovers and sometimes we go to camp with the Cubs and Scouts but when we do, a parent has to stay with us.